By Okim Kang,April Ginther
Assessment in moment Language Pronunciation highlights the significance of pronunciation within the evaluate of moment language conversing talent. best researchers from around the globe conceal sensible matters in addition to theoretical rules, permitting the certainty and alertness of the speculation fascinated about overview in pronunciation.
Key positive factors of this e-book include:
- Examination of key standards in pronunciation review, together with intelligibility, comprehensibility and accentedness;
- Exploration of the influence of worldwide Englishes and English as a Lingua Franca on pronunciation assessment;
- Evaluation of the validity and reliability of checking out, together with research of scoring methodologies;
- Discussion of present and destiny perform in assessing pronunciation through speech reputation technology.
Assessment in moment Language Pronunciation is key interpreting for college students learning modules on pronunciation and language checking out and assessment.
Read Online or Download Assessment in Second Language Pronunciation PDF
Similar linguistics books
The Hittite Etymological Dictionary is a finished compendium of the vocabulary of Hittite, one of many nice languages of the traditional close to East, and of paramount value for comparative Indo-European stories. because the begin of booklet, as evidenced by means of frequency of reference and citation, this paintings has turn into a big instrument for learn and learn in Hittite, historical Anatolian, and Indo-European linguistics.
This revised moment version is a finished evaluate of why we converse the languages that we do. It covers language studying imposed by means of political and financial agendas in addition to language offerings entered into willingly for purposes of social mobility, financial virtue and workforce identity.
What can oral poetic traditions train us approximately language and the human brain? Oral Poetics has produced insights correct not just for the examine of conventional poetry, but in addition for our normal realizing of language and cognition: formulaic kind as a manufactured from rehearsed improvisation, the thematic structuring of conventional narratives, or the poetic use of good points from daily speech, between many others.
This ebook provides a ‘Traveller’s consultant’ to Deaf tradition, ranging from the idea that Deaf cultures have a huge contribution to make to different educational disciplines, and human lives ordinarily. inside of and out of doors Deaf groups, there's a desire for an account of the recent idea of Deaf tradition, which permits readers to evaluate its position along paintings on different minority cultures and multilingual discourses.
- Information Structuring of Spoken Language from a Cross-linguistic Perspective (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- Languages and the First World War: Communicating in a Transnational War (Palgrave Studies in Languages at War)
- Foundations of General Linguistics (RLE Linguistics A: General Linguistics) (Routledge Library Editions: Linguistics)
- Sprachphilosophie (Urban-Taschenbücher) (German Edition)
- The Portuguese Language in the Digital Age (White Paper Series)
Extra resources for Assessment in Second Language Pronunciation
Assessment in Second Language Pronunciation by Okim Kang,April Ginther