By Steven High
Read Online or Download Beyond Testimony and Trauma: Oral History in the Aftermath of Mass Violence (Shared: Oral and Public History) PDF
Best historical studies books
R. G. Collingwood’s identify is widely used to historians and historical past educators world wide. Few, although, have charted the depths of his reflections on what it ability to be knowledgeable in background. during this publication Marnie Hughes-Warrington starts off with the aspect of Collingwood’s paintings most sensible identified to teachers—re-enactment—and locates it in historically-informed discussions on empathy, mind's eye and background schooling.
Britain's position and function within the global Wars keeps to generate massive debate however the wars are hardly ever thought of jointly. best army historian Brian Bond the following demanding situations the preferred view of the 1st international warfare as catastrophic and futile not like the second one global warfare as a well-conducted and effective ethical campaign.
In Sacred Plunder, David Perry argues that plundered relics, and narratives approximately them, performed a vital position in shaping the memorial legacy of the Fourth campaign and the advance of Venice’s civic id within the 13th century. After the Fourth campaign resulted in 1204, the disputes over the reminiscence and which means of the conquest begun.
This e-book scrutinizes the emergence of historians engaging as professional witnesses in historic forensic contribution in some of crucial nationwide and overseas criminal ventures of the final century. It goals to strengthen the controversy from discussions on no matter if historians may still testify or now not towards nuanced realizing of the historical past of the perform and making the simplest out of its functionality sooner or later.
- History As A Science: Volume 26 (Routledge Library Editions: Historiography)
- Inside the Confederate Nation: Essays in Honor of Emory M. Thomas (Conflicting Worlds: New Dimensions of the American Civil War)
- Reading and Writing History from Bruni to Windschuttle: Essays in Honour of Gary Ianziti
- Beyond Texas Through Time: Breaking Away from Past Interpretations
- Queer Domesticities: Homosexuality and Home Life in Twentieth-Century London (Genders and Sexualities in History)
- Knowledge Production, Area Studies and Global Cooperation (Routledge Global Cooperation Series)
Extra resources for Beyond Testimony and Trauma: Oral History in the Aftermath of Mass Violence (Shared: Oral and Public History)
Beyond Testimony and Trauma: Oral History in the Aftermath of Mass Violence (Shared: Oral and Public History) by Steven High