By Alexandra Hall
Read Online or Download Border Watch: Cultures of Immigration, Detention and Control (Anthropology, Culture and Society) PDF
Similar emigration & immigration books
The Irish Potato Famine triggered the migration of greater than million people who sought shelter within the usa and Canada. unlike earlier experiences, that have tended to target just one vacation spot, this assortment permits readers to judge the event of transatlantic Famine refugees in a comparative context.
As different youngsters lower back domestic from college, thirteen-year-old José Silva headed for paintings at a restaurant, the place he might stay until eventually 2:00 a. m. Francisca Herrera, a tomato picker, used to be uncovered to insecticides whereas she was once pregnant and gave delivery to a toddler with no hands or legs. Silva and Herrera immigrated illegally to the us, and their reviews are faraway from designated.
Among 2000 and 2010, Singapore witnessed an immense inflow of international migrants. the share of everlasting citizens within the overall inhabitants elevated from 7% to 11%, whereas the percentage of non-resident foreigners has risen from 19% to 25%. This was once as a lot the results of the spontaneous stream of labour to fiscal possibilities, because it used to be of energetic coverage course by means of the Singapore executive.
In summer time 2014, a surge of unaccompanied baby migrants from imperative the USA to the U.S. received mainstream visibility—yet migration from valuable the USA has been occurring for many years. U. S. primary americans explores the shared but specified reviews, histories, and cultures of one. 5-and second-generation valuable americans within the usa.
- Managing Ethnic Diversity: Meanings and Practices from an International Perspective (Research in Migration and Ethnic Relations Series)
- The Irregularization of Migration in Contemporary Europe: Detention, Deportation, Drowning
- The International Migration of Health Workers: Ethics, Rights and Justice
- Debating American Identity: Southwestern Statehood and Mexican Immigration
- Environment, Forced Migration and Social Vulnerability
- Mobility and Place: Enacting Northern European Peripheries
Extra resources for Border Watch: Cultures of Immigration, Detention and Control (Anthropology, Culture and Society)
Border Watch: Cultures of Immigration, Detention and Control (Anthropology, Culture and Society) by Alexandra Hall