By Martin Malmsten
By Louis Pilato (Ed.),Louis Pilato
By Goerg H. Michler
The examine of polymers via electron microscopy (EM) wishes particular options, precautions and instruction tools, together with ultramicrotomy. basic features of different thoughts of EM, together with scanning strength microscopy, are given during this hands-on e-book. the appliance of those ideas to the learn of morphology and houses, really micromechanical homes, is defined intimately. Examples from all sessions of polymers are awarded.
By Jun Taniguchi,Hiroshi Ito,Jun Mizuno,Takushi Saito
Nanoscale trend move know-how utilizing molds is a speedily advancing region and person who has visible a lot contemporary recognition because of its strength to be used in nanotechnology industries and purposes. even if, due to those quick advances, it may be tough to maintain with the technological traits and the most recent state of the art equipment. to be able to totally comprehend those pioneering applied sciences, a accomplished knowing of the fundamental technology and an summary of the ideas are required.
Nanoimprint expertise: Nanotransfer for Thermoplastic and Photocurable Polymers covers the most recent nanotransfer technology in line with polymer behaviour. Polymer fluid dynamics are defined intimately, and injection moulding, nanoimprint lithography and micro touch printing also are mentioned. state-of-the-art nanotransfer applied sciences and purposes also are thought of and destiny tendencies in are examined.
• Covers the basics of nanoimprint technology
• offers state of the art options and applications
• presents business examples and describes the mould fabrication process
• Considers nanotransfer of thermoplastics by way of simulation
• Describes the layout and assessment of UV curable polymer
Nanoimprint know-how: Nanotransfer for Thermoplastic and Photocurable Polymers is a finished reference for engineers in addition to graduate and undergraduate scholars, and is an invaluable resource of data for an individual seeking to increase their knowing of nanotransfer mechanisms and methods.
By Giuseppe Cirillo,Francesca Iemma
Antioxidant Polymers is an exhaustive review of the hot advancements within the box of polymeric fabrics exhibiting antioxidant homes. This learn quarter has grown swiftly within the final decade simply because antioxidant polymers have broad functions starting from fabrics technology to biomedical, prescription drugs and cosmetics.
By N A G Johnson,I Russell
Part one contains advances that experience happened within the creation and processing of wool. issues variety from the development in wool spinning, weaving and colouration, to environmental offer chain administration and to the position of genetic engineering in better wool creation. half studies new wool items and functions. Chapters contain the construction of brighter and whiter wool, excessive functionality wool blends and wool for apparel.
With its exceptional editors and array of overseas participants, this publication is a priceless reference for manufacturers, brands, outlets and all these wishing to enhance and comprehend advancements in wool expertise. it is going to even be appropriate for researchers in or academia.
- Presents a complete account of contemporary advancements and innovation surrounding the excessive functionality fibre
- Examines advances in wool creation and processing from wool spinning to genetic engineering in stronger production
- Considers environmental offer chain management
By Jiri George Drobny
The electric homes of polymers current virtually unlimited chances for business study and improvement, and this booklet presents an in-depth examine those awesome molecules. as well as conventional purposes in insulating fabrics, wires, and cables, electric polymers are more and more getting used in a number of rising technologies.
Presenting a complete evaluation of ways electric polymers functionality and the way they are often utilized within the electronics, automobile, clinical, and army fields, Polymers for electrical energy and Electronics: fabrics, homes, and Applications provides in depth and available assurance with a spotlight on sensible functions. together with examples of cutting-edge clinical concerns, the booklet evaluates new technologies—such as mild emitting diodes, molecular electronics, liquid crystals, nanotechnology, optical fibers, and smooth electronics—and explains some great benefits of conductive polymers in addition to their processibility and advertisement uses.
This publication is an important source for someone operating with, or attracted to, polymers and polymer technological know-how. moreover, appendices that element houses of chosen polymers in addition to checklist extra ASTM and corresponding foreign checking out criteria and strategies for checking out electric homes also are included.
By Calvin Wong,Z. X. Guo
Fashion offer Chain administration utilizing Radio Frequency identity (RFID) Technologies seems to be on the software of RFID applied sciences in such parts as order allocation, garment production, product monitoring, distribution and retail. As provide chains within the textiles and type develop into ever extra complicated and international, and because the shift to mass customization places extra strain on a speedy and versatile reaction to patron wishes, tracking and bettering offer chain potency within the turns into the most important. Radio frequency id (RFID) applied sciences provide a distinct chance to accomplish those goals.
This e-book experiences the position of RFID applied sciences within the textiles and style offer chain to enhance distribution, procedure administration and product monitoring, garment production, and meeting line operations. It additionally explores how RFID applied sciences can increase order allocation within the provide chain, and the way those applied sciences can be used for clever clothing product cross-selling. Its chapters additionally talk about measuring the influence of RFID applied sciences in bettering the potency of the cloth offer chain, and modeling the effectiveness of RFID applied sciences in bettering revenues functionality in style retail outlets.
Fashion provide Chain administration utilizing Radio Frequency identity (RFID) Technologies is a entire source for tutorial researchers, managers, and execs in the style industry.
- Looks on the software of RFID applied sciences so as allocation, garment production, product monitoring, distribution, and retail
- Reviews RFID applied sciences within the textiles and style offer chain for making improvements to distribution, approach administration and product monitoring, garment production, and meeting line operations
- Focuses on measuring the impression of RFID applied sciences on potency, and modeling the effectiveness of RFID applied sciences in enhancing retail outlet sales
By John Scheirs,Timothy E. Long
- Presents an outline of the latest developments.
- Explores synthesis, catalysts, techniques, houses and applications.
- Looks at rising polyester fabrics in addition to latest ones.
- Written via best specialists from either academia and undefined, making sure that either basics and functional purposes are covered.
By Ferdinand Rodriguez,Claude Cohen,Christopher K. Ober,Lynden Archer
Maintaining a stability among intensity and breadth, the Sixth version of Principles of Polymer platforms continues to give an built-in method of polymer technological know-how and engineering. A vintage textual content within the box, the recent version deals a accomplished exploration of polymers at a degree aimed at upper-level undergraduates and starting graduate scholars.
Revisions to the 6th variation include:
- A extra exact dialogue of crystallization kinetics, strain-induced crystallization, block copolymers, liquid crystal polymers, and gels
- New, robust radical polymerization methods
- Additional polymerization technique move sheets and dialogue of the polymerization of polystyrene and poly(vinyl chloride)
- New discussions at the elongational viscosity of polymers and coarse-grained bead-spring molecular and tube models
- Updated info on types and experimental result of rubber elasticity
- Expanded sections on fracture of glassy and semicrystalline polymers
- New sections on fracture of elastomers, diffusion in polymers, and membrane formation
- New insurance of polymers from renewable resources
- New part on X-ray tools and dielectric relaxation
All chapters were up-to-date and out-of-date fabric got rid of. The textual content comprises extra theoretical history for a number of the basic suggestions referring to polymer constitution and behaviour, whereas additionally delivering an updated dialogue of the newest advancements in polymerization platforms. instance difficulties within the textual content aid scholars via step by step strategies and approximately three hundred end-of-chapter difficulties, many new to this variation, toughen the suggestions presented.