By Abhijit P. Deshpande,J. Murali Krishnan,Sunil Kumar
By Howard L. Needles
By Tsan-Ming Choi
By Glenn Fredrickson
single-polymer statistical mechanics, the e-book presents an in depth therapy of analytical and numerical thoughts for addressing the conformational homes of polymers subjected to spatially-varying capability fields. This challenge is proven to be imperative to the field-theoretic description of interacting
polymeric fluids, and types for a few very important polymer structures are elaborated. bankruptcy five serves to unify and expound the subject of self-consistent box conception, that is a set of analytical and numerical thoughts for acquiring ideas of polymer box idea types within the mean-field approximation. The concluding bankruptcy 6 presents a dialogue of analytical tools for going past the mean-field approximation and an advent to the interesting new box of field-theoretic
polymer simulations - the direct numerical simulation of polymer box conception versions. No different e-book brings jointly in this kind of particular and instructive type the theoretical and numerical instruments for investigating the equilibrium constitution and thermodynamics of meso-structured polymer formulations,
including these correct to tender fabric nanotechnologies, own care items, and multiphase plastic materials.
By Stoyko Fakirov
After protecting polymer synthesis and homes, the main component of the ebook is dedicated to polymeric fabrics, reminiscent of thermoplastics and polymer composites, polymer processing equivalent to injection molding and extrusion, and techniques for large-scale polymer characterization. The textual content concludes with an summary of engineering plastics. The emphasis all through is on application-relevant themes, and the writer makes a speciality of real-life, industry-relevant polymeric materials.
By Raphael M. Ottenbrite,Kinam Park,Teruo Okano,Nicholas A. Peppas
Hydrogels are networks of polymer chains that could produce a colloidal gel containing over ninety nine in keeping with cent water. The superabsorbency and permeability of evidently taking place and artificial hydrogels supply this type of fabrics an grand array of makes use of. those makes use of variety from wound dressings and pores and skin grafts to oxygen-permeable touch lenses to biodegradable supply platforms for medications or insecticides and scaffolds for tissue engineering and regenerative medication. Biomedical purposes of Hydrogels Handbook presents a complete description of this varied classification of fabrics, masking either synthesis and houses and a vast diversity of analysis and advertisement purposes. The guide is split into 4 sections: Stimuli-Sensitive Hydrogels, Hydrogels for Drug supply, Hydrogels for Tissue Engineering, and Hydrogels with specific Properties.
Key good points:
- Provides entire assurance of the fundamental technology and functions of a various category of materials
- Includes either clearly taking place and artificial hydrogels
- Edited and written through global leaders within the field.
By Hatsuo Ishida,Tarek Agag
This instruction manual presents a large evaluation of the sphere, primary realizing of the bogus equipment and structure/property correlation, in addition to experiences regarding purposes in a variety of matters. The guide additionally presents 1H and 13C NMR spectra, FTIR spectra, DSC and TGA thermograms to help in study actions. extra tables on key NMR and FTIR frequencies special to benzoxazine, warmth of polymerization, Tg, and char yield will vastly reduction in the choice of right benzoxazine for a specific application.
- Provides thorough coverage of the chemistry and functions of benzoxazine resins with an evidence-based method of allow chemists, engineers and fabric scientists to judge effectiveness
- Features spectra, which permit researchers to check effects, steer clear of repetition and keep time in addition to tables on key NMR frequency, IR frequency, warmth of polymerization, of many benzoxazine resins to assist them in choice of materials
- Written by the most effective specialists within the box
By Gary Patterson
By Vikas Mittal
Presents the synthesis, know-how and processing information of a big diversity of polymers derived from renewable resources
It has been a long term wish to substitute polymers from fossil fuels with the extra environmentally pleasant polymers generated from renewable assets. Now, with the hot developments in synthesis applied sciences and the discovering of latest useful monomers, study during this box has proven robust strength in producing greater estate polymers from renewable assets. A textual content describing those advances in synthesis, processing, and know-how of such polymers not just presents the state of the art details to researchers, but additionally acts to stimulate study during this course. The contents are in line with a variety of useful monomers and the contributions are written via eminent researchers.
Specifically Renewable Polymers:
Demonstrates the layout, synthesis, houses and functions of plant oil-based polymers
Presents an complicated evaluation of acid mediated polymerization ideas for the iteration of eco-friendly polymers
Details the creation of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) from olive oil dependent wastewater
Describes using atom move radical polymerization (ATRP) techniques
Reviews the renewable polymers derived from transgenic crop plants
Provides an outline of a number of biomass-based polymers
Concludes with the hot efforts and ways exploiting the ordinary fabrics in constructing drug supply systems.
By Limin Wu,Jamil Baghdachi
• Presents merits and advantages of houses and functions of the unconventional coating types
• Includes chapters on particular and novel coatings, like nanocomposite, floor wettability tunable, stimuli-responsive, anti-fouling, antibacterial, self-healing, and structural coloring
• Provides specific dialogue on fresh advancements within the box in addition to present and destiny perspectives
• Acts as a advisor for polymer and fabrics researchers in optimizing polymer coating homes and lengthening product performance