By Patrick Kingsley,Rob Kuitenbrouwer
Read Online or Download De nieuwe odyssee (Dutch Edition) PDF
Similar emigration & immigration books
The Irish Potato Famine triggered the migration of greater than million people who sought shelter within the usa and Canada. not like past reports, that have tended to target just one vacation spot, this assortment permits readers to judge the adventure of transatlantic Famine refugees in a comparative context.
As different youth back domestic from tuition, thirteen-year-old José Silva headed for paintings at a cafe, the place he could stay till 2:00 a. m. Francisca Herrera, a tomato picker, used to be uncovered to insecticides whereas she used to be pregnant and gave beginning to a toddler with out hands or legs. Silva and Herrera immigrated illegally to the U.S., and their reviews are faraway from distinctive.
Among 2000 and 2010, Singapore witnessed a major inflow of international migrants. the percentage of everlasting citizens within the overall inhabitants elevated from 7% to 11%, whereas the percentage of non-resident foreigners has risen from 19% to 25%. This used to be as a lot the results of the spontaneous move of labour to financial possibilities, because it was once of lively coverage path via the Singapore executive.
In summer time 2014, a surge of unaccompanied baby migrants from relevant the US to the U.S. won mainstream visibility—yet migration from principal the USA has been occurring for many years. U. S. significant american citizens explores the shared but distinct reports, histories, and cultures of one. 5-and second-generation relevant americans within the usa.
- Éducation et dialogue interculturel (Local et Global) (French Edition)
- The Early Morning Phonecall: Somali Refugees' Remittances (Forced Migration)
- Understanding Migrant Decisions: From Sub-Saharan Africa to the Mediterranean Region
- Immigration, Assimilation, and Border Security
- Tongue Shakers: Interviews and Narratives on Speaking Mother Tongue in a Multicultural Society
- Brown in the Windy City: Mexicans and Puerto Ricans in Postwar Chicago (Historical Studies of Urban America)
Extra resources for De nieuwe odyssee (Dutch Edition)
De nieuwe odyssee (Dutch Edition) by Patrick Kingsley,Rob Kuitenbrouwer