By D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault
Developments within the idea and perform of Cybercartography—awarded an Honorable point out in Earth technology on the organization of yankee Publishers' 2015 PROSE Awards—examines a number of the fresh advancements within the conception and perform of cybercartography and the sizeable alterations that have taken position because the first variation released in 2005. It keeps to check the key parts of cybercartography and emphasizes the significance of interplay among concept and perform in constructing a paradigm which strikes past the concept that of Geographic info structures (GIS) and Geographical info technological know-how.
Cybercartography is a brand new paradigm for maps and mapping within the details period. outlined as "the association, presentation, research and communique of spatially referenced info on a wide selection of subject matters of curiosity to society," cybercartography is gifted in an interactive, dynamic, multisensory structure with using multimedia and multimodal interfaces.
The seven significant parts of cybercartography defined within the first version were supplemented via six key rules and the definition of cybercartography has been prolonged and elevated. the recent perform of mapping conventional wisdom in partnership with indigenous humans has resulted in new theoretical figuring out in addition to cutting edge cybercartographic atlases. that includes greater than ninety% new and revised content material, this quantity is because of the a multidisciplinary group attempt and has benefited from the enter of companions from executive, and aboriginal non-governmental businesses.
- Honorable point out within the the 2015 PROSE Awards in Earth Science from the organization of yankee Publishers
- Highlights the connection among cybercartography and demanding geography
- Incorporates a number of new cybercartographic atlases produced in cooperation with Inuit and primary countries groups
- Showcases felony, moral, consent and coverage implications of mapping neighborhood and conventional wisdom
- Features an interactive significant other site containing hyperlinks to similar websites, extra colour photographs and illustrations, plus very important info to trap the dynamic and interactive components of cybercartography: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780444627131/
Read or Download Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series) PDF
Best earth sciences books
The foremost method taken during this publication is that every one neighborhood financial clusters have anything in universal - particular case-studies are hence placed into wider standpoint in a masterly examine that may be of prepared curiosity to either economists and geographers.
This quantity covers the formation and biogeochemistry of various vital sediment kinds from their preliminary formation via their conversion (diagenesis) to sedimentary rocks. the quantity bargains with the chemical, mineralogical, and isotopic houses of sediments and sedimentary rocks and their use in reading the surroundings of formation and next occasions within the background of sediments, and the character of the ocean-atmosphere process via geological time.
This graduate-level textual content surveys the issues of earth and environmental sciences by way of theoretical versions that experience as a necessary foundation a in basic terms random point. as well as introducing scholars to spatiotemporal modeling as a primary technique within the earth sciences, this quantity illustrates the position of spatiotemporal modeling within the basic framework of the medical technique.
Coal mattress Methane: From Prospect to Pipeline is the complaints of the twenty fifth anniversary of the North American Coal mattress Methane discussion board. It presents the newest developments within the construction of coal mattress methane overlaying a number of themes, from exploration to gasoline processing, for advertisement usage.
- Hyper-Velocity Impacts on Rubble Pile Asteroids (Springer Theses)
- Earth Science and Human History 101 (Science 101)
- Spaces of Security and Insecurity: Geographies of the War on Terror (Critical Geopolitics)
- The Great Sand Sea in Egypt: Formation, Dynamics and Environmental Change - a Sediment-analytical Approach: 59 (Developments in Sedimentology)
- Ice Blink: Navigating Northern Environmental History (Canadian History and Environment)
Extra info for Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series)
Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series) by D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault